CERF is now on Facebook!! Check us out and "Like" our page.
News and Recent Events
- Did you know CERF will now accept your registration forms electronically? You may fax your registration forms to 217-693-4801 or scan them into an email at CERF@vmdb.org.
- Can I submit an OFA eye exam for to CERF?
Since the exam data is the same, CERF will accept submissions recorded on OFA exam forms. However, so the owner’s intent is clear, CERF will require a signed note from the owner or authorized agent indicating they would like the exam results entered into the CERF database, and accompanying payment must be made to CERF. If a submission includes a check payable to OFA, the application will be returned.
- There seems to be some confusion out there.... we hope to clarify these questions:
- Will CERF still send a submission to OFA so you can qualify for your CHIC number?
Yes, CERF has not changed anything on our part. We still send a weekly submission to OFA so you can qualify for your CHIC number.
- What if I receive an OFA form at my exam but I still want to use CERF? CERF will accept OFA examination forms for registration as long as you make your intent clear that you are wanting that OFA form registered into the CERF database.
Did you know CERF is operating on a “Live” research database? Our 2012 statistical reports are NOW available. These reports are free to any breeder with a current CERF number on file.
Important CERF Update for Breeders
- January 24, 2013
- Press Release Clarifying OFA and CERF Registration - September 26, 2012
Breeder Letter Regarding OFA and CERF - September 11, 2012
CERF Registration Instructions - September 23, 2011
The Ocular Disorders CD is available for purchase for $35. Click here to buy.