CERF is now on Facebook!! Check us out and "Like" our page.
Please visit Olivet's web site http://orivet.com/ for information on their genetic test kits and breed information.
News and Recent Events
- It has come to our attention the Post Office is refusing to forward mail sent to CERF's old PO BOX 3007 and Zip code 61803. The Post Office will not forward any mail to our new address if you are using the Philo Road address with the wrong zip code of 61803. The correct zip code for the Philo Road address was 61802. If you have any additional questions please feel free to call the CERF office at 217-693-4800.
We have supplied all of our ACVO Diplomates with correct address labels to ensure your registrations are delivered properly.
- We have moved! On September 1st, 2013 the Urbana office discontinued processing CERF registrations. Please note our change of address.
- CERF NO LONGER HAS PO Box 3007. Please be sure to only send registrations to the physical address as shown below, or the Post Office will return your registration as undeliverable/forward expired:
PO Box 199
Rantoul, IL 61866-0199
- CERF will match all discounted clinic rates that OFA has introduced.
- Did you know CERF will now accept your registration forms electronically? You may fax your registration forms to 217-693-4801 or scan them into an email at CERF@vmdb.org.
- Can I submit an OFA eye exam for to CERF?
Since the exam data is the same, CERF will accept submissions recorded on OFA exam forms. However, so the owner’s intent is clear, CERF will require a signed note from the owner or authorized agent indicating they would like the exam results entered into the CERF database, and accompanying payment must be made to CERF. If a submission includes a check payable to OFA, the application will be returned.
- There seems to be some confusion out there.... we hope to clarify these questions:
- Will CERF still send a submission to OFA so you can qualify for your CHIC number?
Yes, CERF has not changed anything on our part. We still send a weekly submission to OFA so you can qualify for your CHIC number.
- What if I receive an OFA form at my exam but I still want to use CERF? CERF will accept OFA examination forms for registration as long as you make your intent clear that you are wanting that OFA form registered into the CERF database.
Did you know CERF is operating on a “Live” research database? Our 2012 statistical reports are NOW available. These reports are free to any breeder with a current CERF number on file.
Important CERF Update for Breeders
- January 24, 2013
- Press Release Clarifying OFA and CERF Registration - September 26, 2012
Breeder Letter Regarding OFA and CERF - September 11, 2012
CERF Registration Instructions - September 23, 2011
The Ocular Disorders CD is available for purchase for $35. Click here to buy.